Seven: GO LOMO!

(no homo, LOMO!)
Sorry, had to drop that, so that I could link to the explanation of a phrase that had mystified me these past months)


"What a waste of money!"
That was the pretty much identical reaction of the two most important women in my life to my new toy, the Lomo LC-A camera.

"I've got to have one of those!"
The reaction of the other 95% of my circle of acquaintances.

While I have a long way to go yet in convincing my two beloved skeptics (they know who they are), I am already thrilled with some of the results, and am inspired by the thousands of better photographs being taken by fellow LOMO-heads every day. So, assembled above, a slightly dull collage of photos taken at home and in Dusseldorf. Some of the snaps exhibit those groovy faults like blurriness, vignetting, tight focus and the effects of the colour flash I bought with the camera. I know, I know, Magnum won't be knocking on my door just yet, but give it some time...


What, you're still not convinced you need one of these gorgeous Russian works of craftsmanship? Head over to the LOMO site, then zip over to ebay, pick one up at a fraction of the price (clever Daan), lock and load and snap your heart out!

Comments